Whenever something pops into your mind, you open your browser to do research on it. The browser is an old fashion way of searching for things on the internet, whether you want to buy an accessory or search for a home remedy for common ailments.
- Safari For Windows
- What Is The Best Internet Browser For Mac
- What Is The Standard Browser For Mac
- What Is The Best Browser For Mac
- What Is The Most Secure Web Browser For Mac
Certainly there are lots of great Mac browsers out there. Surely, you can find that browser that you can use other than Safari and still get the speed and reliability that you need. Out of the hundreds of browsers that could work great in a Mac, here is the top 10 best Mac web browser rounded up for you to give you an idea of what could be the. You get it all with the new Microsoft Edge—performance, compatibility, and speed to make browsing the web even more effortless. The new Microsoft Edge has built-in features designed to give you more control over your data and to protect your privacy online. The new Microsoft Edge comes complete.
Mac has Safari as an inbuilt browser which is an efficient and fast browser. But it is not a bad idea to keep an alternative in case the native application crashes.
Maxthon Cloud Browser for Mac offers Mac users the same high-performance experience enjoyed by Maxthon Windows users around the globe. With a Maxthon Passport account, users of Maxthon for Mac can keep all user data in-sync across different devices and operating systems.
So, in this article, we have discussed some of the best browsers for Mac in 2020 if you‘re looking for a suitable alternative.
List of Contents
11 Fastest Internet Browser For Mac
To provide you fastest browsing experience, Here is the list of 11 best web browsers for MacOS:
1. Brave Browser:
A new and emerging browser for Mac, Brave is secure, private and fast. Brave is open source and focuses on your privacy. Brave is a lightweight Mac browser.
Features of Brave:
- It is 8 times faster than regular browsers.
- It blocks ads, trackers, and unwanted content so you don’t have to deal with them.
- With “Private Tabs with Tor*” feature, it provides true private browsing experience along with enhanced protection
2. Opera –
An older name, Opera is one of the best browsers for Mac in 2020 as it is fast and smooth. It is famous to access faster speed with low-speed connection based on the server size compression technique.
Features of Opera:
- It allows you to easily navigate and provides you with browsing experience
- It has an inbuilt torrent download browser options.
- It is streamlined and designed for those who want a responsive browser that meets their needs.
- It has integrated phishing protection, integrated RSS feeds, and integrated email clients.
- To properly operate the browser, one needs to strictly adhere to coding.
- The extensions built into Opera are not always easy to find.
3. Google Chrome:
One of the most popular browsers, widely used on Windows, Google Chrome is a good option for a Fastest browser. It is fast, secure and free, and it runs on multiple platforms. It’s clutter free interface makes it easy to use.
Features of Google Chrome:
- It lets you search and navigate from the same box.
- It offers a wide range of easily obtained and installed extensions to customize the browser as you like.
- There’s support for parental controls and has settings to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Kills the battery (if you are running a portable Mac) and hogs the RAM.
- If you accidentally close the browser, Chrome will close all the tabs opened without warning.
Must Read: Photoshop Scratch Disk Full – Guide on How To Fix
4. Mozilla Firefox –
With inbuilt privacy, Mozilla is one of the trusted and best browsers for Mac. It has features that protect you from phishing schemes, viruses and more.
Features of Mozilla Firefox:
- Mozilla is a secure browser but with extensions like NoScript and FlashBlock available it can become the safest.
- It provides excellent network security, a user-friendly interface and many add-ons for customized browsing.
- It has an embedded memory which means that if you turn off your computer by mistake, it will remember the Internet page you had opened and offer to get them back for you.
- It has intuitive navigation.
- Sometimes, you end up getting an error while opening a website, as Mozilla is not compatible with it.
- Mozilla Firefox uses more memory than other browsers and has slow startup time.
One of the best browsers for Mac, Maxthon has a good interface on the home screen of the browser.
Safari For Windows
Features of Maxthon:
- One of the best thing about Maxthon is that it keeps the PC’s working condition optimized while working on it and doesn’t hog the system’s performance.
- It boosts up the internet connection to an extent and it tries to open the web page faster.
- Maxthon is independent of operating systems as well as the device itself as it is cloud based with all OS interlocked to each other.
- It has a good feature which doesn’t let you fill the information on websites you visited in the past when you visit it for the next time as it saves the information for you.
- It doesn’t offer a wide range of extensions.
- Maxthon lacks some of the features such as voice interaction commands and open-source development.
Camino is also a good alternative, as it is an open source web browser which focuses on offering the best web experience for the users of Mac OS X.
Features of Camino:
- Camino Browser offers fast connection and there’s integrated flash block which helps you save the bandwidth.
- The bookmark bar allows multiple lines of bookmarks.
- It has sleek interface with simple and elegant look.
- It also offers all the functionality & style that is expected from Mac OS X programs.
- It does not have undo-close tab.
- It does not have an option to rearrange tabs as it does not allow moving of tabs
7. Omni Web
Omni Web is one of the best browsers available for Mac as it is the powerful web browser for Mac.
Features of Omni Web:
- It has numerous features like Visual Tabs, adding websites to shortcuts, automatic rendering of web pages, etc.
- You can change the font of any web page if you are not liking it.
- The browser handles the entire RSS feed which is indeed a great feature.
- The browser is slow.
- It hogs the system resources as it uses a large amount of RAM.
- It has a simple and clutter free interface.
- Yandex has Turbo mode, which never lets the browser speed go slow. Whenever internet speeds drop, Turbo mode is enabled, which speeds up how fast pages load and save on your data charges.
- It protects your passwords and bank card details and keeps your online payments safe from theft.
An open source Chromium browser with some similarities to Opera, Vivaldi is one of the best browsers available for Mac.
Features of Vivaldi
- It has awesome tab management. They are functional, work great, can be tiled, have previews and stack well.
- It enables you to access all the goodies from the chrome store, which is not that of a surprise as it uses Chromium platform.
- It provides you with several options to customize the browser according to your preferences.
- It downloads faster even after slow internet speed.
- Just as Chrome, this browser also hogs up the system resources.
- There is no way to sync passwords, settings, bookmarks online
Must Read: How To Analyze Disk Space On Mac
Yet another browser, which is counted in the list of fastest browsers for Mac due to its super light-weightiness and it looks like Google Chrome.
Features of Stainless
- It features a dual-purpose search address bar, which makes searching and navigating very smooth.
- It has an independent tabbed browsing which means one tab won’t crash your whole browser.
- Parallel browsing mode allows multiple email clients open at once.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- It has a few configuration options
- It doesn’t have any extensions available yet
Web-browser, advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, with all these features Sea Monkey definitely deserves to be on the list of best browsers for Mac.
Features of SeaMonkey:
- The browser is fast and responsive than several among the list.
- It contains a cookie manager which lets you view & delete the cookies created when surfing.
- It has several other features, like a password manager, customizable toolbars & the ability to restore the sessions.
- It doesn’t have mouse gestures or voice interaction for multi-modal browsing
- The browser is not sleek and it can’t be used with ease.
This concludes our list of the best browsers for Mac. these browsers are lightweight and will give you the fastest browsing experience. Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
Open Safari (yes, open Safari even if you want to use another app as your default browser) Pull down the ‘Safari’ menu and choose to open ‘Preferences’ (or just hit command-,) Click the ‘General’ tab.
Choose the default web browser you would prefer to use.
How do I change default browser on my Mac?
Change the default browser or email client on your Mac
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Click General.
- Choose your web browser from the ”Default web browser” pop-up menu.
How do I make Chrome my default browser on Mac?
Here’s how to do it now.
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Choose the General tab.
- Just over half way down, there’s a menu next to “Default web browser.” Click on it and choose the browser you want to set as the default.
Can you install Google Chrome on a Mac?
Downloading Chrome For PC/Mac/Linux. Go to the Google Chrome website. If you haven’t installed a browser, you can use your operating system’s preinstalled web browser (Internet Explorer for Windows and Safari for Mac OS X). Click “Download Chrome”.
How do I make Google my default browser on my macbook air?
Make Google your default search engine
- Step 1: Open Preferences. Click on Safari in the top Apple menu, and then select Preferences.
- Step 2: Change your default search engine to Google. Next to Default search engine, click on the drop down menu and select Google.
- Step 3: Change your homepage to Google.
How do I change my default browser on Mac?
Here’s the steps:
- Open Safari (yes, open Safari even if you want to use another app as your default browser)
- Pull down the ‘Safari’ menu and choose to open ‘Preferences’ (or just hit command-,)
- Click the ‘General’ tab.
- Choose the default web browser you would prefer to use.
- Quit Safari, and you’re done.
How do I set Chrome as my default browser on Mac?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the top right, click More .
- Click Settings.
- In the “Default browser” section, click Make default. If you don’t see the button, Google Chrome is already your default browser.
What Is The Best Internet Browser For Mac
How do I make Chrome my default browser in Safari?
Open Safari browser. Click on “Safari” tab and choose “preferences”. In “General” tab, in “default web browser” choose “select”. Find in applications “Google Chrome”.
How do I change what browser opens links?
Click on Details to open the panel. Choose Default Applications from the list on the left side of the window. Choose which web browser you would like to open links by changing the Web option.
How do I make Chrome open links instead of Safari?
Head back to the “Open in Chrome” shortcut’s workflow from the “Library” tab directly in the app. Next, tap the Settings icon up top, then “Add to Home Screen.” This will open up a link to the shortcut in Safari, then you just add it to your home screen like any other webpage.
What’s the best browser for Mac?
What is the Best Internet Browser for Mac?
- Safari. Mac users can easily name Safari as the default browser for their machines.
- Opera. Although Opera isn’t the most popular browser on the market, it’s the best Mac internet browser for those with slow internet connections.
Is Chrome available for Mac?
In those situations, you might have better luck with Chrome. It’s available on many platforms. Because it comes from Apple, Safari is available only on Macs and iOS devices (it comes pre-installed on the iPhone and iPad, too). Apple used to offer Safari for Windows, but discontinued that version in 2012.
Does Google Chrome work on Mac?
Yes, Google Chrome is available for Mac OS X, provided that you have at least Mac OS 10.9 (OS Mavericks) or above. Chrome works great on my Mac. It seems to give more in depth information than Safari. Using Chrome on all of my devices is great.
How do I change my browser settings to allow cookies on Mac?
Enable Cookies in Safari
- Click the “Safari” menu, choose “Preferences” Make sure you have a Safari window open and active; you will see the “Safari” menu in the top left of your screen.
- Click on the “Privacy” tab. The contents of the Privacy tab screen will now appear.
- Choose your preferred Cookies setting.
- Close the Preferences window.
How do I get Google on my Macbook?
Install Chrome on Mac
- Download the installation file.
- Open the file called ‘googlechrome.dmg’.
- In the window that opens, find Chrome .
- Drag Chrome to the Applications folder. You might be asked to enter the admin password.
- Open Chrome.
- Open Finder.
- In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject .
Why will Safari not open on my Mac?
Deleting these files resets your preferences, and may fix the problem. Delete Safari’s preferences by opening Finder and clicking the “Go” menu option at the top of the screen. Drag the “com.apple.Safari.plist” option to the Trash and empty the Trash. Restart your computer and open Safari.
How do I change from Safari to Firefox on Mac?
Open Safari. Click “Safari” in the Apple menu at the top of your screen. Go to “Preferences>General>Default Web Browser,” and click the option you want.
How do I add another browser to my Mac?
Installing Firefox on Mac
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Apple Safari).
- Click the green download button to download Firefox.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) should open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application.
How do I change my default search engine on a Mac?
To be able to use a different search engine than the default, you’ll need to manually make a change. Here’s how you do this for the three main browsers in OS X. Safari: Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Search. Click the Search Engine menu and make your choice.
How do I set default mail client on Mac?
Changing the Default Mail Client to Another App in Mac OS X
- Open the “Mail” application in Mac OS X – yes open the Mail app even if you’re wanting to use another mail client.
- Pull down the “Mail” menu and choose “Preferences”
- Go to the “General” tab.
How do I change download settings on Mac?
Change Gatekeeper Settings (10.8.x / 10.9.x / 10.10.x / 10.11.x):
- Open the System Preferences.
- Open the Security & Privacy pane by clicking Security & Privacy.
- Make sure that the General tab is selected.
- Enter your username and password into the prompt that appears and click Unlock.
How do I change my default email in Chrome?
How to Make Gmail Default Email in Chrome
- Open Chrome and navigate to “Settings.”
- Click “Content settings” under “Privacy and security.”
- Select “Handlers” and switch on the Ask protocol.
- Open Gmail in Chrome and click the Protocol Handler icon.
- Allow Gmail to open all email links.
How do I make Facebook Open links in Chrome?
How to Make Facebook for Android Open Links in Chrome
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner of the app (the one with three lines).
- Scroll down to the settings section.
- Tap App Settings.
- Toggle “Links open externally” to on.
Can I set Chrome as default browser on iPhone?
As Google’s own support pages for the iOS version of Chrome note, “You can’t make Chrome your default browser, but you can add it to your dock.” Android users do have the option to choose a new default browser. To do so, open the Settings app, select Apps & Notifications and tap Advanced at the bottom of the screen.
How do I get links to open automatically in Chrome?
Open Chrome and click the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” icon in the upper right corner followed by “Settings” in the drop-down menu. Click the “Set Pages” link, located to the right of the “Open a Specific Page or Set of Pages,” in the On Startup section.
Is Safari or Google Chrome better for Mac?
Better Battery Life, and Better Performance on Older Macs. Chrome rides your CPU hard, and while it is getting better about battery life, it’s still no match for Safari. And if you’re using an older Mac, Safari might actually perform better for you.
Should I use Safari or Chrome MacBook?
If you use a Mac laptop, using Chrome instead of Safari can cost you an hour or more of battery life per day. But Chrome is a terrific browser, too. It’s clearly the second-most-Mac-like browser for MacOS. Safari is Apple’s browser for Apple devices.
Does Google Chrome drain Mac battery?
Chrome is known for its fast performance, which it gets by using your Mac’s CPU more than other browsers. But more CPU usage means more battery drain. If Mac battery life is important to you, then there’s a simple trick that should be a big help.
What Is The Standard Browser For Mac
What to do if Safari is not working on Mac?
Fix Many Common Safari Issues in Mac OS X with a Simple Reset. Open the Safari browser as usual, then pull down the “Safari” menu and choose the “Reset Safari” option. At the “Reset Safari” screen, keep every checkbox checked for the best results, then choose “Reset”
What do I do if Safari won’t open on my Mac?
If you can’t open a Safari window on Mac
- Make sure you’re using the latest versions of Safari and macOS. To check for a Safari or a macOS update, choose Apple menu > App Store, then click Updates. See Keep your Mac up to date.
- Check your startup disk using Disk Utility.
- If the other suggestions don’t help, try reinstalling macOS.
What Is The Best Browser For Mac
What to do if Safari freezes on Mac?
The first fix for this issue is by force quitting Safari, and is more temporary than the others, but can still be helpful.
- Open up the “Apple Menu” and click on the “Force Quit” option.
- Press the Option-Command button and escape at the same time.
What Is The Most Secure Web Browser For Mac
- Question: How To Make Chrome Default Browser On Android?
- How To Set Default Browser On Android?
- Quick Answer: How To Set Default Browser Windows 7?
- Quick Answer: How To Set Chrome As Default Browser Windows 10?
- Quick Answer: How To Make Chrome Default Browser Windows 10?
- Quick Answer: How To Make Internet Explorer Default Browser Windows 10?