LAN Speed Test v4.4 is released!
Free upgrade to all v4 registered users. Available for Windows and Mac OS.
There’s nothing faster than launching a Speedtest straight from your Mac toolbar. Download the free Speedtest macOS app today for the quickest way to check your connectivity. Get a real-time check of your ISP’s performance and detect trends over time with data on: Download speed; Upload speed; Ping; Jitter; Packet loss; Available in 17 languages. Speed test for mac free download - Blackmagic Disk Speed Test, Apple Mac OS Update 8.1, Detox My Mac, and many more programs. Blackmagic Disk Speed Test for PC and Mac. Written by Blackmagic Design Inc. Category: Video Release date: 2018-10-24 Licence: Free Software version: 3.2 File size: 16.00 MB Compatibility: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista and Mac OS X 10.10.0. Fast.com is a super-simple WiFi speed test app for Mac and other computers and devices with a modern web browser. Unlike most other similar apps, Fast.com only measures your download speed, and it does so as soon as you open it. The speed test is specifically optimized for mobile devices and measures accurately on EDGE, 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi connection. Developed by Speedchecker Ltd, the Company behind the most popular speed testing websites measuring over 200 million speed tests globally and trusted by the BBC, Guardian and other media outlets, ISPs and Governments.
After installing LAN Speed Test v4, it begins in (Lite) mode. LAN Speed Test (Lite) is fully functional with no time limits, etc. - only some of the more advanced features are disabled.
LAN Speed Test was designed from the ground up to be a simple but powerful tool for measuring file transfer, hard drive, USB Drive, and Local Area Network (LAN) speeds (wired & wireless). First, you pick a folder to test to. This folder can be on a local drive or USB drive, etc. to test the drive speed, or a shared folder on your network to test your network speed. Next, LAN Speed Test builds a file in memory, then transfers it both ways (without effects of Windows/Mac file caching) while keeping track of the time, and then does the calculations for you. For more advanced users, you can test to LAN Speed Test Server instead of a shared folder to take the slower hard drives out of the process as you are testing from one computer's RAM to another computer's RAM. Simple concept and easy to use. You'll find that LAN Speed Test will quickly become one of your favorite network tools!
Some of LAN Speed Test v4 features include...
- Test the speed of your Local Network by testing to/from network shared folders
- Test the speed of your local drives (USB Drives, hard drives, etc.)
- Compatible with LST Server (v1.5 or later) for real network performance results without hard drive limitations – Even test your WAN (Internet) speed with LST Server
- Very fast! Most tests are less than 1 minute
- Completely Portable - No installation needed
- Can be run from a hard drive, USB Flash drives, Network Share, etc.
- Compatible with Windows 7 or later and Windows Server 2008 or later
- Compatible with Mac 10.7.5 (Lion) or later
- LAN Speed Test and LAN Speed Test (Lite) are now the same download
- Packets up to 9 GB in size and up to 1000 packets *
- Chunk size adjustable up to 1 MB (for advanced testers)
- View results by Average, Maximum, and Minimum throughputs *
- Progress bar and cancel button allowing user to cancel at any time
- Ability to choose Network Interface Card for computers with multiple NICs
- Ability to view each packet's results in a chart or by details *
- Ability to view results as Gbps, Mbps, Kbps, GBps, MBps, or KBps *
- Email results manually, automatically, or only when under a certain speed *
- Log results to .csv file with user configurable file location. All entries are SQL compatible for easy importing into SQL Server, MySql, etc.) *
- Option to log Avg, Max, & Min automatically *
- View/Edit Log built right into LAN Speed Test *
- Network Scan (see other devices on your network, keep notes about them, etc.) *
- Run multiple tests automatically - any number of tests from 1 sec to 24 hrs apart *
- Open/Save all options and results to .csv file
- Command Line Mode - All testing options available from command line *
- Command Line Builder (automatically builds the command line options that you need based on your current settings) *
- LAN Speed Test's user interface has been greatly improved - Plus it's fully high DPI - aware
* Indicates a feature that is available after purchasing a full license for LAN Speed Test
LAN Speed Test
Windows: Win7 (SP1 +), Win8, Win10, Server 2008, Server 2012
Alternate and previous versions
Online Help Documents
|LAN Speed Test|
Mac OS: 10.10.5 or later
Alternate and previous versions
Online Help Documents
Purchase Full License
LAN Speed Test full license gives access to all features.
All previous LAN Speed Test purchases qualify for an upgrade discount. If your purchase was in 2017, you qualify for a free upgrade.
Are you eligible for a discounted or free upgrade?
Simply click here to find out and verify your upgrade elilibility.
Cost is just $10.00 per user (on any number of devices). Same license works on both your Windows and Mac desktops and is valid for all version 4 updates!
LAN Speed Test
|# of licenses||Cost||Order Online|
|Single||$10.00||Add To Cart|
|5 Pack||$45.00||Add To Cart|
|10 Pack||$85.00||Add To Cart|
|Unlimited||$150.00||Add To Cart|
View EULA for LAN Speed Test
How to monitor your Mac’s performance? How to tell that your computer works at its full? How to compare it to other machines with similar specifications? The answer: Mac benchmark tools.
Benchmarking can help you understand the performance of your Mac’s software and hardware, including the disk speed, memory, and graphics card performance. This information is very useful as you can see the weak spots in your system that can be enhanced.
Luckily, there are many apps that can help you measure how various components of your Mac work. And in this article, we’ll look at five tools that can help you test your Mac performance.
Disk Speed Test For Mac
You’ll know how they work and what they can measure. Plus, we’ll tell you about a utility that cannot only help you monitor your Mac’s performance but also improve its work and take it to a whole new level. So let’s roll!
1. Blackmagic Disk Speed Test
As you have already understood from its name, the Blackmagic Disk Speed Test measures your hard drive performance, in particular, its reads/writes speeds. It was designed to help video editors to determine if their hard drives can handle various video files.
Blackmagic Disk Speed Test is extremely easy to use. It consists of a single window and a big Speed Test Start button. If you have a single hard drive, simply click the Start button and Blackmagic will test your hard drive and show the results.
If you have multiple hard drives, you need to choose which one you want to test. To do that, go the Blackmagic’s settings by opening the File or Stress menus from its toolbar. Once you’ve chosen the hard drive, you may click Start to run a test.
If you are looking for a good hard drive speed test on Mac, feel free to use Blackmagic Disk Speed Test. It is free to download from the App Store, so take advantage of this tool whenever you need.
Geekbench is a useful app for measuring the CPU performance and memory speed on your Mac. It includes different tests that were designed to estimate how well your Mac can run everyday tasks.
To start the Macbook performance test, you need to install the app, launch it, choose your processor architecture and click Run Benchmarks.
When the test is completed, you can compare your results with other users. Don’t miss this great opportunity, it is really useful to see whether users on the same computer get the similar results. This may suggest that there is a problem with your Mac and what you should really expect from your particular model and hardware.
You can try Geekbench for free, but if you want to get the full version, you need to buy it from the App store.
Speed Test For Mac
Cinebench is a platform used to test two things: CPU and graphics card performance. It may be interesting for you to know that Cinebench is based on MAXON’s Cinema 4D animation software that is used for 3D content creation. MAXON software has been used in different popular movies, including Iron Man 3, Prometheus, and Oblivion.
You can use Cinebench to test:
Main processor performance. Cinebench uses all your system’s processing power to test how quickly your processor can render a complex 3D scene that contains more than 2,000 objects, a great number of shadows, sharp reflections, and more. And the higher number you get, the faster your processor.
Graphics card performance. This test uses a 3D car scene that shows the car chase. And to test the capabilities of your graphics hardware, Cinebench uses a great variety of different effects and textures. The higher the numbers, the faster your graphics card is.
Cinebench is free to use, so if you need to run a CPU speed test on Mac or measure your graphics card performance, try it out.
Novabench is a free tool that provides Mac benchmark test for your whole system, including CPU, RAM and graphics performance.
You can test your whole computer in minutes and even compare results with thousands of other systems. To run the Mac speed test, do the following:
- Launch the app.
- Click the Start Tests button. Novabench will start running different tests.
- Wait 1-2 minutes for the tests to run. Don’t use your computer during the tests.
- Get the results of each test along with the Novabench score (the higher the number you’ve got, the better).
Once you've tested your computer performance, you can add results to your profile or keep them private. If you want to share results with others, click the Submit and Compare button.
Novabench is easy to use and provides a quick way to test Mac performance.
5. CleanMyMac X: For overall computer performance
Free Speed Test For Mac
While the apps mentioned above are designed to measure Mac performance, a utility like CleanMyMac X can also optimize your Mac and improve its efficiency.
CleanMyMac keeps you up-to-date on all the important stuff going on inside your Mac:
- processor load
- memory usage
- available disk space
- battery health
If there’s a problem with your Mac, the app will let you know immediately and help you with the fix.
You get alerts when apps stop responding, disk temperature is high, the memory use is unusually heavy, and battery status is critical. With CleanMyMac X, you always know if your Mac is running well and can fix the problem as soon as it arises.
CleanMyMac also has the Maintenance module that gives you access to all Mac optimizing goodies: running maintenance scripts, repairing disk permissions, verifying startup disk, running Mail speedup, reindexing Spotlight.
All those things may sound a bit complex, but don’t worry: CleanMyMac X is extremely easy to use. Just run a scan of your whole system and the app will tell you what should be removed to boost your Mac performance. The scanning and cleaning process requires just 2 clicks and less than 5 minutes. Impressive, right?
Good news, CleanMyMac X is free to download. So give it a try and boost your Mac’s performance!
That’s it. We hope our article was useful and you’ve chosen a Mac benchmark tool that works best for you. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!