- Set Up Icloud For My Mac Hard Drive
- Set Up Icloud For My Mac Password
- Set Up Icloud For My Mac Computer
Dec 09, 2019 After you set up iCloud Drive on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can set it up on your Windows PC. Go to Start, open Apps or Programs, and open iCloud for Windows. Enter your Apple ID to sign in to iCloud. Select iCloud Drive, then click Apply. Jan 18, 2017 I successfully set it up when I first purchased the Kindle several months ago. IMAP and port settings all look correct. The problem began when I agreed to establish '2 Step Verification' for my iCloud account. My email immediately quit working and now says 'cannot connect to email server' when I try to set it back up. Sign in to iCloud to access your photos, videos, documents, notes, contacts, and more. Use your Apple ID or create a new account to start using Apple services.
Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you'd like to know how to add your iCloud (@me.com) email address to Outlook on your Mac. I know it's important to have your accounts where you'd like them to be set up; I'd like to help. You'll want to use the mail server settings below to set this account up with Outlook:
Mail server settings
Refer to your email app's documentation for information about how to use these settings. iCloud Mail uses the IMAP and SMTP standards supported by most modern email apps. iCloud does not support POP. If you set up an account using iCloud System Preferences or macOS Mail in 10.7.4 or later, you won't see these settings because they're automatically configured.
IMAP information for the incoming mail server
- Server name: imap.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes
If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS instead.
- Port: 993
- Username: This is usually the name part of your iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker, not [email protected]). If your email client can't connect to iCloud using just the name part of your iCloud email address, try using the full address.
- Password: Generate an app-specific password.
SMTP information for the outgoing mail server
- Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes
If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
- Port: 587
- SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
- Username: Your full iCloud email address (for example, [email protected], not emilyparker)
- Password: Use the app-specific password that you generated when you set up the incoming mail server.
* You only need to use an app-specific password if you’re manually setting up mail with your iCloud account in Windows, if you use Mac OS X Mail (10.7.4 and earlier), or if you use any other third-party mail client.Mail server settings for iCloud email clients
Since Outlook is a third-party mail client, you'll need to have two factor authentication set up for your Apple ID in order to generate the app-specific password mentioned above:
Set Up Icloud For My Mac Hard DriveTwo-factor authentication for Apple ID
Set Up Icloud For My Mac PasswordBest Regards.
Set Up Icloud For My Mac Computer
Sep 21, 2018 4:56 PM