- A PC running Windows x86 or x64
- VMware Workstation 8
- Download the following files:
- Mac OS X Lion VMware Files.exe (Size: 2.42MB)
- Mac OS X Lion Retail Bootable .vmdk (For VMware) (A bit torrent of size 4.12GB)
For illustration purpose, the following example will attempt to patch VMware Workstation 8 binary files:
Whenever Apple company released the new operating system for Mac then the users can download from the App Store of Mac. Some of the users want to download the macOS Big Sur Image file for the virtual machine. We have a specific file for the virtual machine which is the VMDK file (Virtual Machine Disk). How to Install Mac OS X Yosemite on VMware on Windows; How to install Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 on VirtualBox on Windows; Download macOS X Yosemite 10.10 Image for VMware & VirtualBox. The image file of macOS X Yosemite is created only to install in VMware and VirtualBox. Therefore, the file is completely compressed with Winrar and 7Zip. Extract the OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Retail VMware Image.7z file. Once you’ve done that, you will.
- First, extract the download file Mac OS X Lion VMware files.exe.using any file archive utility like 7-Zip or double click the .exe to extract the files.
- Open command prompt (cmd) in Administrator Account.
- Navigate to extracted folder “VMware Workstation Unlocker - Windows' and run install.cmd:
Prepare a Mac OS X machineExtract pre-configure Mac OS X Lion VMware workstation files from Mac OS X Lion VMware Files.exe in a new folder:
Start the virtual machine Mac OS X Lion.vmx. A dialog prompt for the virtual machine instance state:
Press “I copied it” button to state the virtual machine is a cloned instance.
Prepare Mac OS X Installation
Vmware Mac Os X IsoThe machine setting may change to suit the environment. e.g.: Memory size.
Next, add Mac OS X Lion Installer disk (Mac OS X Lion Installer.vmdk) by creating a new VMware hard disk.
Start Mac OS X MachinePower on the virtual machine. A Mac OS X installation screen should appear as follow:
Prepare a disk for Mac OS X installationNext, start Disk Utility to prepare a disk for Mac OS X installation:
Create a new Mac OS X partition by using the Erase option. A label for the new disk may specify in the option:
Confirm the Erase operation:
Start Mac OS X InstallationFollow the screen instruction to continue Mac OS X installation:
Confirm the installation on the new disk created:
The installation may take a while to finish:
Finish Mac OS X InstallationFinally, the Mac OS X installed and the first screen appear as follow:
VMware tools provide few GUI enhancement experience for Mac OS X guest. Download VMware tools ISO for OS X here. Follow the following steps to install VMware tools in OS X:
- Extract a ISO file (darwin.iso) from the zip archive file
- Mount the ISO file to Mac OS X Guest operating system
- Start Mac OS X guest system.
- Open Finder from OS X desktop and select CD/DVD ROM device.
- Double click Install VMware Tools icon to start VMware tools installation
- Follow the screen instruction to complete installation.
Mac Os X Lion Bootable Vmdk For Vmware Usb
- How To Install Fully Functional Mac OS X Lion Virtual Machine inside Windows 7 [UPDATE: 10.7.3]. URL: http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2011/09/how-to-install-fully-functional-mac-os-x-lion-virtual-machine-inside-windows-7/