Use the latest version of macOS
Check your audio hardware settings in the preferences menu. Are you even outputting the audio to your desired speakers. This is a simple fix that most people overlook. PP does not default audio to your PC/Macs output. It has its own independent audio hardware setting preference. Check that and let us know. If they are remove them and you should hear sound playing through the Mac's internal speakers. Check your ports: Disconnect anything that is plugged into your Mac. Hear is an audio enhancement software that greatly improves the sound quality from your headphones and internal or external speakers. Hear can add 3D sound and other various special effects as well as make your music, movies, games and applications sound incredible on your Mac or PC. Step 4: Search for 'Audio Midi Setup' through your spotlight (command + space) Step 5: Open Audio Devices Window.If this screen does not appear, select Audio Devices from the Windows drop down menu in Audio Midi Setup. Step 6: Create a Multi Output Device by clicking the + icon In the lower left hand corner of the Audio Devices. Steps to Record Internal Audio on Mac with QuickTime Player: Launch QuickTime Player App on your Mac. Select File Menu and click on the tab “New Audio Recording” to begin. Now the Audio Recording Window will open on your screen.
The first step is to make sure that you're using the latest version of macOS. Back up your important information and then update the software on your Mac.
Check your sound settings
If you still can't hear sound from the internal speakers after updating your computer's software, check your sound settings.
First, disconnect any external audio devices from your computer. Also disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, or 3.5mm audio ports.
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
- Click Sound.
- Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
- If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
- If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
- If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.
Most of us spend time enjoying music on the Mac, and watch our favorite latest movies on it too. But it can be a headache if the sound is not working on the Mac and also the audio is not working on the Mac. You won’t be able to hear your favorite music. Well, don’t worry since this article will explain you how to fix the issue if the audio and sound is not working on the Mac. Let us get started.
Checking the Mute Button
At times, nothing is wrong with the Mac. Simply the audio has been muted or the volume is set too low that you can’t hear it. For most easily way you can press “F10” button or locate the mute sign and unmute if it was muted and check if you can hear the sound now.
Check if any External Sound Device is Connected
Your Mac might not be playing sound simply because you have connected headphones or AirPods to it. Unplug your headphones, play the sound and then check if you are able to hear the music from the internal speakers.
Check the Ports
Disconnect anything that is connected on the ports. Also check the headphone jack to see if there is any dust particles or anything that might be causing a blockage. Mac might detect the particles as headphones and not may sound on the internal speakers.
Update the Software
Update your Mac software. Sometimes, the version is out of date and the sound is not being played, so once you update your software, the sound and audio might just start working immediately.
Fixing the Missing Audio Output
In case your sound is not muted but still you cannot hear the sound. Follow the steps below to make the audio and sound work. This method is for all Mac’s speakers including, external speakers, internal speakers, headphone, air pods, or any other speaker. This method is used when the Mac has chosen a different audio channel. For example, if you have attached headphones the audio channel was external sound. So the method below will change the audio channel to internal sound.
- Go to the “Apple menu” and choose “System Preferences”, next select the “Sound” panel.
- Then choose the “Output” tab.
- Afterwards you have to select “Internal Speakers” as the output device*
- Adjust the sound level to your desired level and then play some sound on Mac to check if the issue has been fixed.
- Change the “Mute” stance if it’s “On”.
You can change the above settings if you wish to input headphones as external sound. Probably, this will fix your issue however, if not, try the method below.
Hear Audio For Macbook Pro
Read more:Fixing a Bluetooth Issues on your Mac
Hear Audio For Mac Os
Fixing Missing Mac Audio / Sound with a Connect and Disconnect from the Mac Headphone Jack
You will need some kind of external sound device such as headphones or external speakers for the method below.
Hear Audio On Mac
- First of all, connect the headphones to the headphone jack on your Mac.
- Then, open the iTunes (or any music) and starting playing the music, audio or video.
- Next, unplug the headphones from the headphone jack on the Mac.
- The issue is fixed now, the sound will be able to play from Mac’s internal built in speakers.
- To check, open iTunes and play a sound or song to see if you can hear the music now.
So that’s how you can fix the issue when audio or sound is not working on your Mac. Usually, it’s the sound preferences that you need to change to fix the issue in a minute or two. However, if all the above methods did not work for you, then there might be an internal problem in the Mac.