What is K-Lite Codec Pack?
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of audio and video codecs for Microsoft Windows that enables an operating system and its software to play various audio and video formats generally not supported by the operating system itself. K-Lite Codec Pack also includes several related tools, including Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC), Media Info Lite, and Codec Tweak Tool. It can play almost all the movies which you download from the internet. Its supported formats include AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV, MTS, 3GP and more so that you can play virtually any video files with it on Windows PC.
Is there K-Lite Codec for Mac?
More MP4 Codec Packs You Can Download for Windows/macOS Perian - the purpose of Perian is to simplify viewing content on macOS. After free downloading it on your macOS, you can use this free open source QT component to play several video formats that are not natively supported by QuickTime player. Top 10 Free AVCHD Codec Pack for Mac and Windows. Free AVCHD Codec Pack for Mac. MacX Free AVCUniConverter. MacX AVCUniConverter is a popular choice for many when converting AVCHD for Mac computers because it’s free and very easy to use. Even more so, MacX has some nice included features such as the ability to edit, trim and create unique. Free K-Lite Codec for Mac Replacement – Perian Perian is a free, open source, QuickTime component that extends QuickTime support for many popular types of media, including MKV, FLV, WMV, AVI, DivX, and XviD. Perian codec is open-source and you can download Perain for free.
K-Lite Codec Pack only works in Windows system and there is not yet a Mac Version of this software. So people who are using Mac OS X or just switch to Mac OS X long to something like K-Lite Code Pack for Mac.
And after testing, UFUShare found there is a Free K-Lite Codec for Mac alternative/equivalent and a professional K-Lite Code Pack for Mac alternative that works similar to K-Lite Codec on macOS 10.12 Sierra, OS X EI Capitan 10.11, Yosemite 10.10, Mavericks(10.9), Mountain Lion(10.8), Snow Leopard(10.7), Leopard(10.6), etc.
Free K-Lite Codec for Mac Replacement – Perian
Perian is a free, open source, QuickTime component that extends QuickTime support for many popular types of media, including MKV, FLV, WMV, AVI, DivX, and XviD. Perian codec is open-source and you can download Perain for free. After you downloa the DMG file, double click on Perian.1.2.3.dmg file to install it. Then you will be able to play audio and video files with QuickTime player. Enjoy!
Note: If you installed Perian, but still have problem of playing video files such as MKV files with FLAC codec, MP4 files with AC3 codec, MXF, XAVC S, HEVC, AVCHD, etc video files with multi-channel audios or it may not works well on MacOS Sierra 10.12, OS X 10.11 EL Capitan well. You can turn to use the professional K-Lite Code Pack for Mac alternative below to convert your video and audio files to QuickTime supported video.
Professional K-Lite Codec Pack Mac Alternative – Aiseesoft Video Converter for Mac
Aiseesoft Video Converter for Mac is such a professional K-Lite Codec Pack for Mac. With it, you can play any video/audio files such as AVI, XMV, DivX, Xvid, MKV, FLV, F4V, SWF, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, MP4, MPG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MJPEG, MJPG, H.263, H.264, 720p/1080p AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, RM, RMVB, MOV, M4V, QT, AAC, AC3, DTS, ALAC, FLAC, WMA, XWM, 3GA, M4A, M4B, MKA, etc, convert them to almost all popular formats and also touch up the videos without any hassle.
- Support to play and convert the following video formats:AVI, FLV, MPEG, MKV, MOV, H.265, OGM, TS, RM, WebM, RMVB, Apple Prores, HEVC/H.265, AVCHD, XAVC, R3D, MXF, XAVC, XAVC S, MTS, M2TS, M2T, MVI, MOD, TOD, WMV, ASF, MPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WTV, DAV, DVR-MS, BIK, 3GP, VOB, TS, OGV, F4V, SWF, MP4, MOV, DV, DAT, F4F, F4M, ARF and etc on Mac.
- Convert any 4K Ultra HD videos, support 2D to 3D video conversion, 3D to 2D video conversion etc on Mac OS X
- Support to play and convert the following audio formats like FLAC, OGG, 3GA, APE, CAF, DTS, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, MP3, AIFF, Apple Lossless ALAC, M4A, AU, RA, SHN, VOC, QCP, AMR, MPC, and AWB etc.
- Convert videos and audios to play or edit on Mac media players or editing systems, like to iTunes, QuickTime, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, FCE, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid MC, Windows Media Player, etc.
- Convert videos to iPad Pro, iPad Air 4/3/2, iPad Mini 4/3/2, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s plus/6/6 plus/5s/5/4s, iPod, Apple TV, Galaxy S8/S7/S6/S5, Galaxy Note 7/6/5, Galaxy Tab, HTC One, Windows phone, PS4, more Android devices, and other multi-media players.
- Works well on MacOS Sierra 10.12, Mac OS X EL Capitan 10.11, Yosemite 10.10, Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Snow Leopard (10.7), Leopard (10.6), etc.
How to Use the Professional K-Lite Codec Pack for Mac?
Download this professional K-Lite Codec Pack for Mac Alternative and then install and run it. Next, follow the step by step guide as below to use this professional K-Lite Codec Pack Mac with ease.
Step 1 View video or listen music
Click Add file button to load the files that you want to view or listen to the K-Lite Codec Pack Mac program main interface. Once the file is added, click the “Play” button on the right side of the program interface to watch your movie or enjoy your music.
Step 2 Convert and edit files
Click “Profile” drop-down button to select output formats as your desire if you want to convert your video or audio file to other format.
Click “Edit” button to open “Video Edit” window or click “Settings…” button to open Advanced Setting window. And then you can optimize your video or audio in many aspects.
Step 3 Finish the video conversion on Mac OS X
Codecs For Mac Os X
Click the big “Convert” button to finish the video and audio conversion and editing on Mac os x.